Please ask for her again tomorrow, when ideations subside
and leak that rust color we both hate.
She will address your most urgent questions then,
when she's resurrected, fully sanctified.
(She'll be lavender by two, cued to poker and subtlety.
with no sins of omission to cloud her reason.)
"We're a damn Greek tragedy, sprawled out over Georgia.
Not one fiber of my memory, do you hear?
Not while those Harpies hollow out the Junior League."
As we discussed then, keep it simple, straightforward--
that's the best way, don't you think?
She has written guidelines for you,
on the back of Ada's birth certificate:
1. Please formulate proper questions. I will not answer statements.
2. Don't refer overmuch to the recent past, young man, and I do mean that.
3. Avoid certain topics. You will surely know the ones to which I refer.
4. I prefer to converse in words with more consonants than vowels.
5. If you are a drinking man, please do not bring your liquor into this house.
Any drinking that needs to occur will take place on the verandah.
After these questions, you will have more for her, I expect.
Just write them out and leave them under that jar with the lightning bugs.
If she likes you, perhaps you may come again on Tuesday.